Come and play Airport madness game , i have heard its awesome and many people play it

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

my new year resolutions

The trick to creating a good list of resolutions is to have an eclectic mix of tasks that are within easy reach, hopes that are just at the edge of your reach, and a few dreams that are well beyond your reach. Discipline is required to attack all three groups with equal vigor. Here is what I will accomplish this year.1) Take a week-long roadtrip with my brother in a part of the country I have never seen. Our last and only trip together five years ago through the badlands of some forest areas of Dangs in Gujarat is the stuff of legends.2) I will keep my apartment orderly and clean (I didn't inherit the freakishly clean genes from my parents).3) Two epic adventures: (1) Hike down to Ghats at the western edge of the Khandala and sleep next to them, (2) Hike the length of the mountains in Alibaug near Navi Mumbai.4) Get back into body building or some form of martial arts.5) Re-read The Da Vinci Code.6) Stop repeating my mistakes (this is harder than it seems).7) Meet at least two new fellow bloggers.8) Achieve a respectable 70 kgs bench press, 50 pull ups and leg press 750lbs.9) Make significant progress on my thesis to where I can actually see to the end of my time in Banglore .10) Make a visit to my hometown ) Put myself into at least three situations with the potential to be devastatingly embarrassing.12)Number 12 eludes me still. I have stalked it over many continents, across the pages of many books, and through the haze of many intoxicants. I grow closer to it though. Closer is all that I can ask for.

No comments: