Come and play Airport madness game , i have heard its awesome and many people play it

Friday, January 21, 2005

Two and a half years ago, my employer required me to take an oath of loyalty while raising my right hand. May I never have a job that asks me for any less. There is something utterly satisfying in relinquishing oneself that way. Knowing that you are part of something greater than yourself whose traditions will echo through time long after you have passed. Someone asked me the other day what it is that makes me happy. Days later I have come to realize that what makes me happiest, is returning to the cause implanted inside the nether regions of my soul. Something I believe in so strongly that I would swear an oath of loyalty...and much more, to it. Without my cause I am ill-defined at best and superfluous at worst. Last month I was in danger of losing my job. Losing my job would have been a temporary set-back but not the end of my plans. When you stalk a prize for close to three decades, you become suspicious when things remain at a status quo for too long. This morning I was told that for now my job is safe, but an explanation of what I am currently doing and what my future intentions are is needed. What the hell am I doing?? Fatigue had set in. Decades of pursuit without guaranteed prey can dull one's senses. Oaths get drowned by instant gratification and material pursuits. And so I sat down an composed a letter. I wrote to my new boss, whom I have never met, and explained to him what my intentions are and what I am doing. He of all people can surely understand? I needed this kick in the pants. I needed to be reminded of my oath to my employer and of my higher oath. Focus. Eyes on the prize.

No comments: