Come and play Airport madness game , i have heard its awesome and many people play it

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sometimes people need more than monetary helps..

I fashioned what I thought to be a great business idea a few days ago. It came to me in a flash of pain after I slipped on my bathroom floor and hit my head against the toilet. However, after days of smug bliss I came to realize that the business model behind my brilliant idea...sucked, AND I had no implementation strategy. I never went to business school and I failed to grasp the importance of learning those basic skills that every corporate suit possesses ( Well i hope some day my dream to get into a B school gets fulfilled ... ). My idea was to create a "Sorrow Bank." It was to be modeled after the tried-and-true Blood Bank. The way I look at it, every time a tragedy hits the world everyone is looking to donate food, medicine, and money, but no one has come up with a way to relieve the internal suffering of each of those souls. Take this tsunami for instance. I watch the television and listen to the news channels and I keep hearing these stories where someone’s whole family has been wiped out. When a person is in a car accident you can always hook them up to a volunteer who wants to donate blood. My idea was to work in reverse of this. A bunch of happy-go-lucky volunteers would line up around the block waiting to have sorrow pumped INTO them via a machine that would be powered by something like...a flux capacitor. True, the happy people would walk away feelin' miserable, but at least the tormented people would feel better. I think that I could handle a much greater share of misery if it would help balance things out. Eventually, it was the fact that my idea has no scientific foundation and zero profit margin potential that did me in.

No comments: